Worried about Got Unexpected error 5 in call to NetshareGetinfo for path? The QuickBooks error 5 “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path” occurs when the QuickBooks Database Service Manager cannot access the file location due to restrictions. Here, you can get the solution to fix this error
How to Fix Got Unexpected Error 5 In Call to Netsharegetinfo?
Recreate the User file
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Go to the Company tab.
3. Click Users and then Set Up Users and Roles.
4. Locate the user that is experiencing the error and click Remove.
5. Click New and enter the user’s name, password, and role.
6. Click OK.
2. Close User Account Control (UAC)
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Type UAC in the search bar and click on Change User Account Control settings.
3. Move the slider to Never notify.
4. Click OK.
3. Give file Share Access
1. Right-click on the QuickBooks company file and select Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Click Edit.
4. Select the user or group that needs access to the file and check the Read and Execute checkbox.
5. Click OK twice.
4. Install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
1. Go to the QuickBooks website and download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
2. Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Once the tool is installed, open it and select the QuickBooks company file that is experiencing the error.
4. Click Repair and the tool will scan the file for errors.
5. If any errors are found, the tool will attempt to repair them.